1) An art criticism is responding to meanings, and making judgments about a specific art work. The art critics help us interpret and judge others work of art. During an art criticism people are able to take out their pieces they have been working and display them, so other people can see. The criticism process is what do you like about the artwork, what could you change took make the piece better, and ask the artist a question.
For this printmaking project I knew I wanted to make a girl figure but I didn't know how I wanted it. The topic for this project was "line", and that's how I came up with puffy wavy hair. It so happened that during this project I was going through a rough time that I felt so depressed and started to draw this. This picture shows a girl who always has her head down with tears because she doesn't know how to get out of all the problems she is facing. Even after her worst times it always seems like the past chases her. Through this project I learned to cut out a linoleum block. I also learned how to transfer your paper drawing onto the linoleum block. I choosed to do black on white because black represents the darkness she is living in and how the black covers the good side of her which is white.
The most helpful warm-up were the spheres because it really helped me get better at shading and knowing where the highlights and the dark spots are. not only did i learn how to shade but i also learned how to do stippling and cross hatching. This warm up helped me transfer my ugly circles to a 3-d looking sphere. Through this technique i was able to use different mediums to shade. for example water color, acrylic paint, chalk, pen, and many more.
4) Artist choose to make art because it's a way to express themselves non verbally. Some artist make art to inspire other people, they will make drawing that get to people's emotions. It makes them feel special and reinforces their positive self-worthy. Some artist will do it for fun and creativity, they will go overboard and just enjoy painting, drawing, etc..
The purpose of this class is to introduce us the basic art skills, learn and do different things we never done with art, and also to have fun and show our creativity. Something i got out of this class is shading drawings to make it look realistic. I also learned how to use clay better than i knew before. I was able to use the slab roller and pipe tube to get a shape for the pineapple i was was forming. Something new i was able to use was the glaze paint which made my piece shiny and soft. I was also able to meet new people and then become friends which was really good experience because we had similar ideas and similar personality.
pencil- it blends and is erasable but its light color, it's not bold
Matthew Shlian combines his art and engineering skills to make one the most amazing paper sculptures. He works at the University of Michigan where his art studio is located, but he also is a teacher at the same University. Sesame Street, Facebook, Apple, Levis are huge companies on Matthew Shlian client list.
The fact that Matthew is very patient and creative inspires me. His way of turning flat paper into unbelievable shapes and structures draws me into his work. Matthews ideas are massive, he thinks out of the box turning it into art.
1) I plan to make a jewelry box that would hold rings, necklace, earring, etc. I plan to finish it with a simple look nothing to much but nothing to little. I would like for it to have a flower at the top and dots around the vase.
2) I have found that shaping the vase was the most difficult since I have never done a round looking shape. Also making the clay be soft and smooth to have a good look to it.
3) The shape I want is coming together and I like how I put four little legs to the bottom of my clay piece.
4) So far I have put my clay through the slap roller to get my bottom, side, and top of my piece ready. I have also added detailed to the top and the sides. Lastly my piece has been fired and is ready to paint.
1)Since I completed my in-process I have finished my project by painting.
2) I have found that the colors white, black, and grey were a perfect match of colors for my piece.
3) If I were to do my piece again I would have painted my piece with glaze so it would be shiny.
1) My piece is a girl and it is connected to the theme "line" because her hair is big with waves in it.
2) My piece was successful because even though the hair was difficult it still showed when it was printed and all the other detailing also. If I were to do this project again I would probably make the face look better and cut it out right so when i printed it would be able to be seen well.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.